Things went pretty well today. No zoo class as Nico was coughing out a lung last night and this morning so I ended up doing a lot of cleaning in the morning time since I was home. Already posted about most of it but also managed to get the breakfast bar cleaned off as well as everything else previously mentioned and did a bunch of shredding of last years documents that we don't need any more.
Had to take all the kids with me to Jason's therapy appointment. I was going to take them to do a quick Costco run with me while he was there but when we got to Costco, there were giant construction machines and no parking lot. Apparently they are tearing down the one that is there and rebuilding bigger and putting in a gas station as well so no more shopping at that one for a couple more months. :( We ended up hitting the organic fruit/veggie stand across the street and I ended up spending quite a bit more than planned but they had some of the best stuff I've seen in a while including the colored cauliflower (the only kind I'll eat), blood oranges, kumquats, and beautiful berries. As luck would have it tho, we got back to the therapists right as Jason was letting out.
Since I knew we would be getting out around 5p and fighting rush hour to get home, I took the boys over to Taco Bell drive-thru for dinner. I am proud to say, I didn't order myself anything and limited my nibbling to one piece of Jonathan's quesadilla and 2 granola bars. We then stopped at BR31 for their $.31 scoop night. I had planned on abstaining but found a delicious cappucino chip light ice cream so indulged in a kid's scoop of that. Quite tasty. I came home, entered everything into SparkPeople, modified my dinner plans and came in perfectly on target in all areas (and that's with having two pieces of chocolate tonight which I'm still debating).
My sink is shiny, my washer and dryer empty (and everything folded, hung up/put away). The kids have done their chores (tho that seemed to involve a whole lot more wrestling and ice packs than I think necessary). I have a cup of tea ready to go and good chocolate calling my name. Now if the kids would actually go to sleep so I could enjoy them in peace. All in all tho, a good day.
1 comment:
How's Nico today?? What a productive day you had. BTW, I am going to try and blog again hence me logging in properly :)
Post a Comment