I know this is a frequent refrain, not just from me but from most people but seriously, I need more. Or a clone. Maybe just a few more pairs of hands and a lot more brain cells.
We are still trying to get through this remodel because other crap (called life) keeps coming up. I keep watching my regular todo list multiply and even when I can cross something off, it usually ends up being one of those things were it's only crossed off for a day or two before I need to do it again like laundry.
My current week schedule sees me going pretty much all day Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Seriously. I'm home less than I'm away and we are pretty much only home enough to eat and maybe do a little school before heading out again. It makes keeping up on anything during those days pretty much impossible. I figure if the laundry keeps cycling through so I can fold it sometime after Wednesday and the dishes get done daily and there is a homecooked meal, I'm doing good. Generally Thursday is a stay at home day and Friday we are home until afternoon. This gives me time at home to get some stuff done. Saturday mornings are filled with more activities but then once we get home, unless something else has come along to fill our weekend, I'm home until Monday morning when everything starts all over again. It's not perfect but generally I can manage to keep up most of the weekly stuff I've been keeping up on during those couple of days.
The problems arise in either a) trying to get ahead on projects that I've now fallen behind in (like the bills), b) trying to tackle new projects that have just popped up and require attention (like this blasted remodel), or c) people start falling ill which is what happened last week. Could people get sick on the busy days so we could just laze at home on those days? Of course not. Everyone started getting ill on Wednesday night. Mark and Matthew were the hardest hit. Christopher didn't get it (although he seems to be fighting coming down with it now) but had a pulled muscle in his ribcage. Jon was ok on Thursday but was throwing up intermittently on Friday. I spent several days feeling like I was trying to come down with something so I was taking massive loads of my wellness blend while taking care of the sick people and running the healthy around where they needed to go plus take care of all the errands. And did you notice who wasn't mentioned in all this? Yep, Nick has been feeling just fine thank you very much.
But since all this was happening during what is normally our "down time" at home for me to get stuff done, very little got down and I'm already falling behind in the few things that I was on top of again. *sigh* I already don't get enough sleep and am trying to get more and exercise more and all that health jazz but really, to do it all 24hrs a day just isn't enough. No scheduling is going to perform the miracle I need.
No comments:
Post a Comment