Today was the first of those free days and a LOT got accomplished for having all 4 kids home. So far this week I have been able to cross the following off the to-do list:
- Paint big boys' closet trim and door
- Caulk and paint boys' bathroom baseboards
- Wash, fold, and put away mountain of laundry
- Prep cabinets in boys' bathroom for painting
- Start clean-up of windows from paint where Mark didn't use tape (Grrrrrrrrr!!!!)
- Prep baseboards in dining room for caulk and paint
- Replace heater registers, outlet and light covers in rooms that are basically done
- Start cleaning off desk
- Work on cleaning up master bedroom which has become a dumping ground again
Admittedly, I haven't done all this myself. Chris and Matt have been particularly motivated to help as they needed some extra $$$ right now. They've been saving for an XBox 360 for a while now and were finally close enough that I bought it and the game they wanted when we went to Costco this week. They had the money for the system and today earned enough to get their game. Now they are working for some accessories. Hey, I'm happy to have the help and they are happy to get paid for it so it's a win-win as far as I'm concerned. Jon has also been helping where he's able although right now we are at a point where there isn't much for him and Nicholas to do.
Tomorrow Jon and Nick are going to CurriOdyssey with my dad and step-mom which will be great. They will get out of the house and do fun stuff and I can work without the guilt of seeing them in front of the tv all day.
I'm hoping to have lots of nice pictures at the end of this weekend to show all the progress that has been being made.
No comments:
Post a Comment