Another collaboration of mother and son and a continuation of Dragongirl. I liked this one more than I did Dragongirl simply because relationships had finally sorted themselves out and remained constant rather than trying to keep straight who was involved with whom. Not to be outdone tho, this one was very confusing in trying to keep time straight as there are a lot of people timing it all over the place in order for there to be enough dragons to fight Thread as numbers are diminishing rapidly. I found the end to be a bit trite after everything else but I suppose even tho a ton of characters that we knew tangentially had been killed, they just couldn't bring themselves to kill off the "main" characters when they were still young.
I think Anne's inclusion in writing this one definitely helped it stay more focused on the relationships that moved the story forward rather than throwing in new ones constantly and for that I'm thankful. Not sure how many more collaborations we'll have at this point but I'm glad for the ones that we do get.
Page count: 321p/17,470p ytd
No comments:
Post a Comment