Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mixed bag today

Not exactly the way I wanted to start off the day, with a dentist visit. Even less so with the news I received. I know my teeth are messed up big. I keep trying to work on it as I can but it's been an uphill battle and the hill just got a lot bigger. Apparently there are a few infections sitting under teeth that need to get taken care of but for fun, this time the dentist came back with "gum disease" as the fun complication to trying to get my mouth healthy. As he put it "it's a complicated situation" because when the gums get fixed, it will leave the roots of many of my teeth exposed and open for decay and further complications. Also, he's hesitant to do the 1-2 teeth a year we can afford with insurance because that can screw up my bite and cause further problems with my jaw. Just lovely. Add in, apparently my slight dry mouth is a big part of the problem because I don't have enough saliva to keep flushing plaque off my teeth which is why I've had so many problems with them to begin with.

Ugh doesn't even cover it. He's going to work up a treatment plan and I need to find 40min when I can get over there to go over it with him so we can figure out a starting point. I know it needs to get done but none of it's going to be fun and none of it's going to be cheap. Please keep fingers crossed that we end up with a windfall somehow to get this taken care of.

Thankfully after that, the news of the day got slightly better as I was able to procure a bigger storage locker that is 50' away from our current one which will make moving out so much easier. Not a big thing in the grand scheme of things but I'll take it.

Then I came home and the kids wanted to be measured and I found out that Matthew is now as tall as me. Chris didn't manage that til he was 15 and Matthew is only 12. Freaking giant child.

All of this before 11a.

Thankfully the rest of the day was pretty standard. Folded some laundry and packed up 3 more boxes of stuff. Skunked Mark at Cribbage. Took kids to KSW and a trip to BR31 with Nico afterward. Came home and read a bit, made dinner, took Chris's place in a game of Risk with Matthew and proceeded to beat him. Yep, going to take my little victories where I can find them.

Now to try and get some sleep and hope tomorrow is filled with better news.

No comments: