Monday, January 31, 2011

104:6 Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

Boy am I happy that this ended up on the Amazon Freebies for Kindle list as I would have likely missed this series completely otherwise. Our story starts out as Mac, a fairly typical 22yr old, is sunning herself by the pool at her parent's while they are on a cruise. That's when she's the phone call that her sister has been murdered while away at school in Dublin. When she decides to go to Dublin to push the police to investigate further, her life changes forever. She discovers that the Fae are real, they generally aren't pretty, they generally want to feed off humans (which tends to end badly for the human), and that she is a sidhe-seer, someone who can see through Fae glamour and see their true forms. One problem, they tend to have a habit of killing sidhe-seers which means her life is in danger, especially since it seems like one of them had something to do with her sister's murder.

Can she manage to learn how to deal with her new "visions" without going mad or getting killed? And can she figure out who killed her sister and avenge her or will she just be the next victim?

Total page turner. I was hooked by about 1/5th of the way in (hard to tell pages on the Kindle) and by 35% of the way through I decided being sick had it's advantages as it gave me an excuse to lay in bed and read. I was at 27% this morning and finished this evening so fast read but it's one that just sucks you in as you have no idea who is on what side and even by the end, it's still hard to tell as this is a 5 book series. A friend told me she has the others in the series but if she doesn't get them to me soon, I may have to go search them out for myself. I HAVE to know what happens next.

Page count: 384p/1,694p ytd

No comments: