So now we are working on settling into our second week. Mondays are just a crazy day with Jon's therapy in the morning and then Matt's guitar lesson immediately afterward. Chris has English at CSM again tonight which he's finishing his work for and in a few weeks, his Astronomy class will start in the afternoons. Yeah, it's gonna be a crazy year. My saving grace is that while Nico is starting to add in activities and need more planning from me, Chris is needing less and becoming more and more independent. Today is his first day taking the bus to CSM and then I'm only teaching 3 classes with him this year. One of those is Accounting so a nice easy one to grade and keep track of (I know that subject well enough). World Geography even tho it's Oak Meadow has tests every other lesson since it's not really a subject open to lots of interpretation so I dont' have to read texts or do much, just administer and grade the test and help him if he's not getting it (so I only need to read when he needs help). World History is the one I'll need to read the text for and will take the bulk of my time for him but it's something I love so I'm good with that. Much more fun than US History. LOL And I'm doing World History with Matt too so I'm hoping to occasionally find projects for the two of them to work on together or fun field trips since it applies to both of them.
Tomorrow we are spending much of the day at the Drs since we finally have Chris's neuro-ophthalmologist appointment and all 4 boys have pediatrician appointments in the afternoon. Planning on doing the Costco shopping and some other running around over the hill between appointments and then before dropping Chris off at CSM for his Japanese class.
And so we start our second week of school. The sun is bright and shining and summer weather is finally here on the coast. We took some time to enjoy it at the park but now it's time to get something done before heading out yet again.
No comments:
Post a Comment