Okay, normally I would have walked to the other side of the aisle from a book with this title but my SIL brought it over and said "read this series". Now except for the fact that she's a Twilight addict and I have yet to hear one compelling reason why I should read those books, our tastes are similar so I decided to give it a chance. I will admit that as the book started and within a few pages a demon and a demon slayer who didn't know each other were getting very up close and personal that this was going to be like the trainwreck Anita Blake has become with tons of sex for no purpose and no plot except something that keeps putting people in places so they can have sex but in this case there wasn't even any books with major character development leading up to that point.
I couldn't have been more wrong. Yes, the demon is an incubus so he is very sexual in nature and that leads to a ton of sex through the book but there is real plot, real character development, and a desire for monogamy. It was intense and had tons of action, both in and out of the bedroom, that kept me hooked pretty much from the start.
Page count: 400p/13,293p ytd
No comments:
Post a Comment