Tuesday, April 13, 2010

104:41 The End by Lemony Snicket

I took the author's advice for quite a long time but finally curiosity overcame his sage advice and I succumbed to reading this final chapter of the Baudelaire children. It was just as sad and miserable as all the others and I have no idea why anyone bought these books and actually read them as it only brought more misery into already miserable lives. In this book, we see the Baudelaire children stranded on an island and threatened again by Olaf and the Medusoid Mycelium. I would tell you more but it would truly be best if you listen to the author and don't pick up this book and find out The End of this chapter of the Baudelaire's lives. Some things are just truly too horrible to speak of.

Page count: 337p/10,529p ytd

3 comments:

Auntie M said...

I take it it is a good book. :D
His books make me smile they are so wickedly sadly silly.

Melanie Wilson said...

How on earth do you do it? Why are you reading 104 books? I don't remember. Impressive page count!

4boyz4me said...

LOL. Yes, Mom, I did enjoy it and thought it was fun and a good ending to the series.

Mel, I read to keep my sanity. I don't have a lot of other outlets to detox so I turn to my books and literally always have one within arms reach. Add in all the reading I do with the kids for school and it's a lot. As for why I'm reading 104, it's to challenge myself a bit that's all. I started with 52 a few years ago and then 2yrs ago I hit that by June so Christopher told me to go for 104 and I did. He and Mark have encouraged me to do it every year since. LOL My other part of the challenge is that it can't be a re-read unless there are extenuating circumstances and there needs to be a mix of stuff including some classics.