Really an interesting look at a man that I pretty much only knew of as Hawkeye Pierce. I always loved him in MASH and when I saw this was expecting to see some of that humor come through so it was surprising that it doesn't. Instead what you find out is that it's a much quieter book, written like you were sitting there talking with him over coffee. It's gently written. You can see his passion for his work start at a young age. Hear his quiet devotion to his wife since they first met. Shake your head at the way he fixates on some things. I enjoyed it a lot, just not in the way I thought I would. He has an incredible gift and has gotten some really lucky breaks along the way but you also know that he's worked hard to get where he is.
Page count: 235p/11,768p ytd
No comments:
Post a Comment