The 2nd book in her Alpha & Omega series which is set in the same universe as the Mercy Thompson books but takes place a little beforehand and has the main characters of Bran's son Charles and his new mate, Anna. In this book, Charles and Anna are heading to Seattle to deal with the European wolves about Bran's decision to come out of the doghouse, so to speak, and go public with the information that werewolves are real and have been cohabiting with humankind for centuries. This decision is not widely popular but one in particular, whom the call The Beast, is widely opposed to the idea and it seems he will stop at nothing to stop it, even possibly resorting to hiring vampire mercenaries to steal Anna to weaken Charles and his father's position.
Absolutely loved this book. At about 100 pages from the end, I couldn't put it down and zipped through it. I think I actually prefer this series to the Mercy Thompson books but that may also be that I've read these more recently and Mercy has faded from my immediate memory.
Page count: 286p/29,539p ytd
No comments:
Post a Comment