Okay, not the book I had planned on being the last book of the year but somehow appropriate. I'm only counting it because a) I've read 1/2 of 2 of Christopher's text books which I can't count because they aren't "done" and b) I'm 93% of the way through with Robinson Crusoe but had a ton of company today and enjoyed spending time with them rather than sticking my nose in a book so I'm putting this one in instead because, well, it's freaking awesome.
This is an Alphabet and counting book based on the Cthulu mythos created by HP Lovecraft. Every letter has it's own entry with a corresponding creature or person from his works. I read it to Nicholas who loved it and then I read the disclaimer that it could be disturbing to some children. Hmmm...is that why Nico was asking me to read it again and again? That would certainly make sense for him. If you like twisted children's books based on twisted adult books, this is certainly the one for you (and your kids).
Page count: 42p/31,889p ytd (sort of)
And that sees my challenge done for the year. I'll definitely be doing it again this year as I have plenty more on my shelves that need to be read and there are even more out there to be read. So many books, too little time (and storage space).
1 comment:
I am glad that my daughter and my grandson love the book.
Guess it was right to put it in his Amazon Wish list.
Mind you, I thought it was appropriate because he IS a Lovecraft Creature. But that's another myth we have to deal with. :D
Love
Mom
Post a Comment