Monday, December 07, 2009

104:92 Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...and it's all small stuff by Richard Carlson, Ph.D.

A good list of 100 ideas to learn how to relax and stop stressing over all the minor stuff that gets to us day in and day out and keeps our back and necks tight and makes it difficult to find the life of peace and happiness that we claim to be seeking. He makes the claim in every "chapter" that we are ultimately in control of how we deal with everything and that we have the choice to go with the flow or let the idiot who cut us off in traffic stress us out for the next 20+min. There are no earth shattering techniques in here, they are all ones that we've heard time and time again in different ways but it's all put together in one book with personal examples of how it has worked for him. Now that I've gone through it once, I plan on rereading it next year focusing on two techniques a week. I know there are certain areas where I go with the flow nicely but there are definitely areas where I tend to let myself get stressed out when it's totally unnecessary and I want to work on that.

Definitely a recommended read.

Page count: 246p/29,253p ytd

No comments: