Saturday, March 14, 2009

5 Boys, Day 1

We picked up Jason today. It was hard to do in terms of knowing how much pain it was causing everyone but made easier by the fact that the pain was temnpered by the relief that he would be out of harm's way. It's daunting in so many ways because this is someone else's child that I've been entrusted with, not just my own. I'll be praying hard constantly that we are up for this and all will be well.

The day has gone well otherwise. Jason is quiet and subdued which is the better of the two scenarios we figured we'd be facing. I know what a shock it's been for him since it came without warning (btdt, unfortunately) but we are trying hard to make sure he knows that he can still have contact with his family and that we love him and want this to be as gentle on him as possible. I think the next week or two will give us a better indication of how things will go once the shock wears off a bit. I think he'll be okay in the long run since this will be the first time in many years that he's had a clean slate with school and people around him. I pray that he takes advantage of it and I'm very thankful for those there today that told him how much they wished someone had done this for them when they started down the wrong path. That really touched me and helped me further believe in what we are doing. I'm also thankful for all the support from my own family and friends and all their prayers for Jason. You all mean the world to me.

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

All our love and prayers to you and yours. May Jason get his act together and blend in with the rest of you and grow.
Love
Mom