Um, wow...Talk about a riveting but terrifying book. I can see how he got his ideas and have to admit that there have been times in the recent past when things felt eerily close to trying to go down that road but unlike that book, I'm hopeful that the human race won't allow things to ever get to that point where it could continue in that type of oligarchy. Please God!
Page count: 268p/6098p ytd
Also, this was the first book I read on the Kindle. It took me about a week to do while reading other things so I can honestly say, it didn't slow me down at all. The screen and epaper and eink are very easy on the eyes. I read for several hours over the weekend with no more eye strain than if I'd been reading a regular book. The whole thing doesn't totally disappear like I'm used to with paper books but it's close and I'm sure it won't be long before it does. I've already got 60 other books already downloaded on it and am currently going through all the ones I have downloaded to my computer to figure out which ones to move over according to my reading lists. My only complaint is I can't figure out where my .pdf files are that I downloaded to it and getting to the internet isn't quite as easy as they make it out and I'm still trying to navigate that part of it better but otherwise for a reading device, it's excellent. Not sure it's actually going to end up replacing my Palm but my wallet, Kindle, and Palm all fit very nicely in my small purse for a quick pick up and go so I'm not complaining. I'd never be able to read this much, this easily on a Palm.
No comments:
Post a Comment