Monday, March 23, 2009

104:30 Rumble Fish by S.E. Hinton

Jason picked this book out for his reading time so I made sure to read it too. I always like The Outsiders but for some reason never picked up anything else by her. Rusty-James idolizes his big brother "The Motorcycle Boy" for what he seems but without understanding who he is. He tries to be tough, getting in fights, drinking, and eventually getting kicked out of school but somehow, he still never manages to live up to the Motorcycle Boy.

A definite coming of age story in which the protagonist never reaches his goal but rather ends up simply fading out and forgetting his past as much as possible because he can't understand what the goal ever was. I'm glad I had a chance to read it and I hope the message rings loud and clear to Jason.

Page count: 135p/8338p ytd

No comments: