So I had every intention of at least blogging once a week but after the deaths of Bowie and Rickman, well, my heart just wasn't into it. We ended up having a movie marathon with Labyrinth, Galaxy Quest, and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince that weekend in remembrance.
Spending a few days in disbelief put a few things behind a little bit, most especially school and book club reading so I've spent the last week trying to get caught up with those things. I almost had the book club book done before heading there on Monday night. I did finish it up the next day and I'm getting closer to catching up the rest of the school reading and the other day to day stuff is getting pretty close.
Of course, life goes on and there has been swim team, and acting, and soccer registration days, and swim meets. We've made no-sew blankets and graded papers, worked on my knitting projects and reading Elfquest (new goal for the year is to get completely caught up with that!), walked many miles and signed up for several virtual races (really really pretty medals!).
Jon made his BB time in the 50Free at the meet earlier this month which meant he was eligible for Zones which is a big deal for a swim meet. It was his first time going and he improved his time a bit more in the few weeks between the events. We are super proud of all his hard-work and dedication and knowing it paid off is wonderful. We ended up ordering him the Mavericks team swim parka for all his hard work and part birthday present.
Speaking of birthdays, since it's almost the end of January that means we'v been starting to get ready for Nick's birthday party. How in the world can my "baby" be two short weeks away from hitting double-digits? Honestly, that just shouldn't be possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment