I knew I'd sort of abandoned this blog so I decided to check on it and realize that the last time I posted was in Aug 2014.Um, yeah, wow. Never meant to go that long without posting. It's not super important or crazy things have been happening around here but still, I do enjoy putting my thoughts down and I'm a bit sad that I let this slide for so long but it's a new day (and a new year) and I'm trying to get a bit more organized and I want to start making this more of a habit again.
So with that, where are we right now:
Nick is now 9 (almost 10) and in 4th grade. He is in swim team and has just been bumped up to Bronze Level from Club. He still plays soccer and roller hockey, is involved with YAW, and is continuing with his piano lessons. He loves hanging out and playing with his brothers and friends and it's a rare break that we don't have extra kids in the house. He also continues to have more energy than a nuclear reactor and keeps us in a perpetual state of exhaustion.
Jon is now 14 and has spent the last 6+mos telling me how he'll be 15 this year and gets to start learning how to drive. I've spent the same amount of time sticking my fingers in my ears and saying "lalalalalala" really loud to try and ignore this fact. I have a few more months of that and then I'm pretty sure reality may intervene. I can't say I'm looking forward to it. When he isn't reminding me of that, he is usually to be found in the pool as he swims with his team 4xs/wk. He is also enjoying YAW and declares that his freshman year of high school has been waaaaay easier in terms of schoolwork than middle school. We'll see how long he continues to think that high school is a piece of cake. Although, since he is taking Home Ec every year and gets to bake a lot, he may not change his mind.
Matthew is a senior in high school this year and enjoying a slightly easier class load with robotics and digital photography as extra electives to help round out his mandatory English, Econ, and Govt classes that he needs for graduation. He continues to maintain a high gpa in his JC classes as well which helps me to know that he can do the work for others even if I have to struggle constantly to get basic things done for his classes with me. He loves his music and is still taking piano and guitar lessons which have been going great. He has been doing a lot more creatively with his guitar and writing his own songs for it which has been marvelous.
Christopher completed his AS studies in Accounting and took some extra Accounting courses at the JC. He is now working on becoming a Certified Public Bookkeeper while he is still working at the local UPS store. He has been there for about 16mos now and has learned a lot. In his spare time, he lives in front of his computer playing lots of video games or is at the blood donation center so we can sell his blood for movie tickets. It's a good trade-off.
Mark is still with Yingli Americas. There has been some turmoil with the company so we are not sure what this year will bring in terms of his job situation but at this point we are almost out of debt other than the house and a little credit card with plenty of advance warning so it's a much better situation than we have been in previously. When not at work, he is either researching political stuff, playing Puzzles & Dragons (an addiction we all share although his is by far the worst), or brewing beer. That last has continued to make messes in the garage and take up tons of space but it keeps him happy. LOL
As for me, life has been going along. Lots of cleaning, lots of teaching, LOTS of driving kids to activities. I seriously spend an insane amount of time either in the car or sitting around waiting while they do their stuff. I read a lot and actually managed to finish up Nick's birth announcement that I started back when he was 2 or 3 (I think) and the Doctor Who scarf I started first back in '09 and then ripped out and restarted 3 years ago so those were great accomplishments this last year. I am also still volunteering with our local AYSO as registrar because I'm apparently still too dumb to say no to friends.
So there's a brief catch-up. Now to keep writing!
No comments:
Post a Comment