Thursday, January 16, 2014

Playing hooky!

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here and while yes, I realize that it's not a good thing and we are looking at drought conditions for the year from the lack of rain, still, it's January and it's in the 70s and we live near the beach that is always cold and fogged over during the summer.

I've decided that this means it's time to play hooky and head to beach with my boys and just enjoy the peace of the waves lapping up and the warmth of the sunshine while my kids boogie board and play in the ocean and sand.


This is exactly what I needed right now.  This week has been insane and it's so easy to lose myself in doing what I feel HAS to be done but then I miss out on the great opportunities to just enjoy life and my children.  I'm working hard to change that and to be open to them when they come up.  This one was a compromise where they wanted to go a few days ago but with a combination of already scheduled appointments, I cringed at it but I told them we would check the weather reports and today looked equally nice with the bonus of not having a lot going on so sneaking away for a few hours worked just fine.  


No comments: