Tuesday, January 07, 2014

It's Never Easy...

 Going back to school after the winter break.  Two weeks just isn't quite long enough, especially with all the visiting and parties and presents and general holiday craziness that takes over that two weeks.  You just barely are coming down off that when you get thrown back into the craziness of the school schedule but now you don't have that big break coming any time soon.  It's months with the occasional day off here and there and it just seems a grind at this point.

Yeah, can you tell I'm no more excited than the kids?  Maybe it's the nasty cough keeping me awake half the night so I'm not sleeping but man, I really want another week or even two of not dealing with all the craziness.  But since I'm not getting that, I decided to do some science experiments with Nick today to try and get him back into the swing of things so we did an experiment to see how much salt we would have to add to this glass of water to make the egg float (the answer was it started floating at 5tsp but was awesome at 6-7) and now the same egg is sitting in an identical glass filled with vinegar to have it's shell eaten away so we can study the parts of it while it's still in raw in the membrane.

(for the record, it didn't work, he was a total pitb about working most of the day but at least we had a few good moments)

But at the end of the day, we were able to chill and have fun and then the kids decided to all pile on mom's lap (well, except the oldest who had already vanished back up to his boy cave) and I guess that's what's really important



Well, that and breathing which I was able to do once they all vacated my lap.  LOL

No comments: