First, I no longer have a kitchen. Just a big open space with a non-working dishwasher, a working stove/oven, and a working fridge. All the cabinets and counters have been removed save the breakfast bar which is coming out tomorrow. That also means that the sink is gone as well. It was a bit more of a production getting it all packed up despite all the work I'd been doing on it for quite a while but in the end, out it went.
And while doing all that, we also managed to get our dresser and my desk out of the dining room and back into our bedroom where they belong. My computer is now all set-up so I have a regular mouse, monitor, and keyboard again. And I can sit at a desk rather than trying to navigate with the laptop actually on my lap. At the moment, my computer and the tv set-up is all that's on my desk so I'm enjoying the emptiness of it.
What that also means is that we almost have the dining room back. Of course, once I get my bookshelf out of there and the dining room table back in we'll just end up using it as a makeshift kitchen but there is something to be said for that as well.
So now we start our kitchen remodel. A week plus of either eating out, eating take-out, or eating prepared pre-packaged food off paper plates. If we are really lucky, my MIL may make a meal or two that we can pick up and then drop off the dirty dishes back. We are looking at is as an adventure and a chance to try some new foods. For instance, we learned tonight that I think polenta is okay, Mark likes it, and all 4 boys hate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment