and sometimes that glimpse is a good one. Today has been one of those days with Nico. We've had a lot of issues with him lately. Temper Tantrums are the order of the day with multiple occurring at the slightest provocation. We had a week where I swear all I did was put him in the bathroom and hold the door closed while he was on timeout yet again for hitting someone. Today however, I got to see a glimpse of the child he is turning into and it was a nice change of pace. He listened most of the day when we were out and about. He has learned how to skip and practices constantly but was so good about minding me when I told him to stop and wait for me. He wasn't arguing about things just to be contrary but was accepting of the rules. We even had some fun conversations.
Me: You're a nutcase (I forget what he had done but he had deserved the moniker)
Nico: I not nutcase. I have feet so I can boing and nutcase doesn't have feet.
Me: That would be why you are a nutcase. LOL
Later on...
Nico: Mommy
Me: Yes Nick
Nico: I booty butt face.
Me: That's not a nice thing to say Nick
Nico: I LIKE being booty butt face!
and even later when he was playing ps3 and I was making dinner...
Nico: You stupid poopey head!
Me: Nick, that's not a nice thing to say.
Nico: But mom, I not calling my brothers poopey head, I just calling my guy poopey head. That's okay cause it's my guy not my brothers.
Gotta love 3yr old logic! But really it was a great day with him and it made me hopeful for what the future has in store with him. It was so nice to get that glimpse of hope that this phase will be over (and hopefully sooner rather than later) and he can act like a civilized human being.
No comments:
Post a Comment