Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Running, running, running...

I think I'm figuring out why I'm always so exhausted, mentally even more so than physically. We always seem to have stuff going on. We are always out of the house. It's exhausting trying to keep track of all the activities, parties, outings, etc and all the school stuff that needs to get done as well as all the house stuff, bills, and such. I've been picky about what trips we go on and I say no much more than I say yes but I'm still always booked up.

I actually said no to doing the Pumpkin Festival last weekend even tho I was offered a regular space by the promoters and then a table by one of the local business owners. I was flattered that people wanted my jewelry there but I just couldn't do it. Nico isn't used to being left with others, even daddy, for hours and Mark had to work anyway so it would have meant trying to keep a now mobile 8 month old happy in a small booth. I think I made the right decision for my family although perhaps not the best business decision. But I'm happy with it.

Speaking of mobile 8 month olds... He is now pulling up to his knees constantly and everywhere and even occasionally getting to his feet. We just got the crib lowered and not a moment too soon as that night he was up on his knees yelling at me at 4am and the next day he was on his feet after a nap.

And my records of his sleep have left me with one, inevitable conclusion....He doesn't sleep like other 8 month olds!!!! I knew it!!! I knew I was getting jipped on his sleep and I'm right. Most 8 month olds sleep between 13-14hrs a day. Mine averages that much time awake! This means I'm losing about 2hrs/day of sleep that the average mother of an 8 month old gets. That would be the 2 hr nap in the middle of the day that I'm dying for. *sigh* Oh, well, he's just too curious about the world to sleep. I guess he'll catch up on it when he's older. In the mean time, I'm just continuing to try and get things done while he's awake and intent on finding trouble faster than I can put it away.

Speaking of that, my wonderful mother is coming up to play with him tomorrow so I can try to get a few things done. My goal is my desk. The bills are pretty up to date but my desk is in serious need of decluttering. I'm hoping to make a serious dent on it as well as get all the filing done for the 2005 taxes so I can hand off the whole tax mess to a professional. And get my 2006 filing done for what we have so far so I can hand that off to be filed on time next year. Wow! Won't that be amazing!

And now for today's front door poetry:

spring music
recall a light dream
rain water symphony
--Jena

after for she did run
power through
--Matthew

wet TV in at winter you
sausauge but is as over
--Jonathan

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

Well, Wednesday wasn't as productive as you had hoped, but I had fun keeping an eye on a very busy baby and helping his older brothers with their school work.
Hopefully, next Wednesday will be more productive.
Amongst other things, I can pull out the Mom in GrandMom and crack a few more whips since it won't be as new as this week was.
And hopefully you will have had a bit more sleep.
Love
Mom