and a non-sleeping baby do NOT mix! Saturday wasn't too bad. Nico slept about as much as he always does so that was fine. I did some schoolwork with the boys and took care of some smaller chores. Sunday was the biggie tho. The big boys picked up all the recycling they hadn't been putting away properly while I took care of the morning dishes and kept the laundry going. Then I helped Christopher rake and sweep the front walk while Matthew did his math lesson. Then they took care of their room while I was tackling Mt Laundry in my master bath tub.
I only got started on that before it was time to tackle the big freezer and getting that defrosted. I'm really regretting not having gotten one that did it automatically. Christopher was a HUGE help by getting everything out of the big freezer and into the boys' bathtub for safe keeping. Then I got it defrosted and reloaded. The ice on the top of the freezer must have been at least 3" thick. I think MonkeyBoy's climbing on the door has been cracking it open a touch and making that problem much worse than it should. I'm trying to get him to understand how important it is that he not do that any more. We had to throw out some food because it was obvious it had defrosted at some point due to that.
After getting the big freezer done, I did a quick reorganization of the fridge's freezer. I really need to do a full wipe down in there after Mark's accident with the Mountain Dew. Or should I say, HE needs to do a full wipe down in there.
Of course through all this, Nico took only 3-30min naps including one when he was out with daddy but then proceeded to not go down for the night until midnight. I stayed up 2hrs past him to finish folding all the clean laundry (Yeah!!!) but then he was up at 5a for a quick soothe and for the day at 7a. I'm such a zombie today. I seriously can't even see straight. He's down for his 3rd nap of the day. I'm supposed to be making lasagne but I dont' think it's going to happen. I'm scared of what damage I could do in the kitchen in my current state. I didn't even notice it until I sat down to nurse Nico to sleep but now I can barely keep my eyes open. I'm so thankful the boys were good enough to get most of their schoolwork done before we went to their writer's workshop today so I can just let them veg out and we can do leftovers for dinner.
Please let this child of mine go to sleep at a normal hour tonight.
*And for fun, I bought one of those magnetic poetry sets and it's up on my front door so I'll now be adding the poems of the day here so I can keep track of them*
honey wind
in purple eternity
stormy beauty
--Jena
all stuff and stop
--Mark
beneath who flood your day fully in need
is not love it is death
--Matthew
No comments:
Post a Comment