Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Moment of Silence




It's a sad day here.  After 3y8m3d, a trip to India and another one on a ship to Mexico, and spending almost it's entire life in my hands or my purse....my Kindle has died.  It didn't deserve it's death.  I loaned it to Matthew so he could do some school reading and he didn't make sure it was all the way on his desk when he jumped up to answer the phone and it fell screen first on to the floor.  The screen is completely busted and at this point, there is nothing anyone can do to bring it back.

The only good news from this tragedy is that I called Amazon just to see what would happen and I was offered a new one at a discounted price plus a credit to help with accessories (cover, screen protector, etc). I'm getting the Kindle Touch I've been coveting but unwilling to replace a perfectly good working Kindle with.  Same screen size but so much smaller than mine.

And Matthew is not getting near it for a looooooong time to come.



As for the rest of life, I haven't been updating because this whole buying/selling a house thing is sooooo much more stressful than I could have imagined.  To make a long story short, we are supposed to close escrow on Friday but we have yet to sign loan docs because they keep coming up with more paperwork to ask for and we are now down to the wire.  It's a truly stupid process because every time they find one thing that they need verified or more documentation on or whatever, they kick it back to the loan broker and stop the entire process.  Then you go to the bottom of the queue once you turn that in.  Then they find something else that needs more documentation and the entire process if halted again and kicked back to the loan broker.  This has been going on 45 days now.   I'm nauseous and stressed out after dealing with all of this and sick to think that they may kick it back to us yet again for some other stupid piddly thing which will mean we won't be able to make our escrow close date.  Even after we sign the loan docs, there will be more of this crap before they will actually fund the loan which needs to take place the day before escrow closes.  That would be Thursday, you know 4 days away.  Yeah, it's been a whole lot of fun with all this and to top it off, we still don't even have a solid offer on our current place.  I think it will sell faster once we are out and it looks more spacious without what 6 people need to survive comfortable but it's yet another stress at this point.

No comments: