We had a work day at Mori Point today to do habitat restoration. It was rainy and drizzly and I had forgotten jackets because the weather had been nice at home when we left. Whoops. Thankfully, we earned our fleece jackets last visit and they had brought them so we were able to use those. They kept us nice and warm despite the rain and wind. We were the only ones of our group to show up today and I'm so glad we did. Jon and Nick made me proud with their willingness to stay and help plant despite the weather. Nick complained only once when the weather turned really nasty for a few minutes that he wanted to go home and not be there but once he started planting I only ever heard "Let's plant another one" or my favorite from the day (out of Nick, of course) was "Let me do that, I'm a professional". ROTFL
Afterward, we were covered with mud and our pants were soaked so I took the boys to Starbucks for hot cocoa and a treat. I figured they more than earned it.
On a more personal note, I was actually able to jog and basically keep up with Nick on the path from the parking lot to the work site and then back again afterward. Having always hated running, this was totally surprising that I was able to do this. No problems with my feet and while I was getting tired at the end of each job, I still did it! Hmmmm....maybe my dream of being able to do a 5K will happen sooner rather than later.
No comments:
Post a Comment