Thankfully my mom came to visit today. She's been doing this for a little while now and knows this kind of stuff and, by her job definition as mom, showed me how to cast off. So now that part is done. I'm in the process of weaving in the ends and then I'll put the tassels on and post pics. It's not perfect and I'm sure any psychotic dedicated fan will be all up in arms over the fact that they yellow is too bright and I used a patten with straight needles rather than knitting the round but you know, I don't care. It was my first project and I think it came out just fine. My kids will enjoy playing with it and I learned how to do something new. I'll post pictures once it's fully finished.
Now I've started my Doctor Who scarf. My mom found a pattern to shrink the pretty season 16 scarf down to a more manageable 12' length. Unfortunately since there are so many different yarns people might use, there are no directions on how many stitches to start with, more of a guide of "1/2 the scarf is 11" wide, the other half is 9" wide". Um, okay. Took me a few tries casting on but I think I've got it now at about 9" wide. I'm guessing as it gets knit it will relax a bit and then stretching and blocking will make it closer to 10" but we'll see. I'll be updating the ticker at the bottom once I've done enough to show up on a ticker. LOL
1 comment:
It will look like a Doctor Who scarf. After that, who cares?
Love
Mom
PS And the HP scarf only threw me because unless someone specifically says "This is an HP Scarf", it is just a basic Wide Striped Scarf. And your yellow is too bright for Gryffindor, just to make it harder to figure out.
Post a Comment