Monday, September 11, 2006

Busy Weekend

Just a normal busy weekend here. Saturday kicked off Matthew and Jonathan's soccer season. The boys are playing at different schools so Mark and I are having to split up to get them to their games now. Kind of a bummer as I'll barely get to see Matthew play and Mark will hardly ever see Jonathan but what can you do.

After soccer on Saturday morning, we headed out for a back-to-school picnic for CAVA put on by our teacher. There were only 5 other families there but we all hit it off well and I'm hoping for a good turnout to the park day I've been trying to get going this week. Hopefully with some people there, we can start really planning more field trips, art/music days, and family outings to build a real community for our kids.

My thought is that if we could get even 20 parents to volunteer to organize one field trip per school year, that would give parents an option of 3 field trips a month plus whatever the teachers organize. It wouldn't be a burden on any one person but would open up a wealth of opportunities for our children.

My current goal is to get out to one field trip a month with the boys and organize at least one field on my own besides the park days and all the ideas I've been giving to our teacher. I really want my boys to be able to make friends with more homeschool families and maybe be able to get out and get some adult conversation myself once in a while.

We were treated to a special treat as we headed out...Seeing 4 does with their fawns on the grassy area just below where we had been playing! It was so incredible to see them so close. Then on the way out there was another doe and fawn in the road out of the park. We stopped to let them by and got to watch them watch us. Truly a beautiful moment.

After the bbq, we hit the grocery store where Nico got to have his first ride in the car part of the shopping cart with Jonathan. Both boys were laughing so hard when we were putting them in. It lasted about half way through the shopping when Jonathan wanted to get out and roam and Nico just wanted to be held again. We finished up as quickly as possible and headed home arriving around 10p. Nico had a rough night so Mark and I didn't get out of bed until 9a. Today was pretty much just trying to get things caught up a bit around the house. Mark got some more shelves put up in his office and a few boxes out of the living room. I got the dishes caught up, spaghetti sauce made, blueberries purreed for Nico, some laundry done, and some packages ready for Mark to mail tomorrow. I might have gotten more done but I was nursing someone every 15min and when I wasn't nursing, he was hip sitting. He wasn't super cranky, just didn't want to be put down. He's been like that for a bit now and I'm thinking he's hit seperation anxiety along with teething. He's been drooling like crazy but that second tooth has yet to make it's appearance.

It's now after midnight and his majesty has been asleep for about 45min. The bed is almost cleared off of the clean laundry so I'm going to finish putting the spaghetti sauce away and hit the pillow. 6am comes waaaaay too soon and 4am when Nico will start in on me comes even earlier.

No comments: