How can I make time stop or at least slow down??? My baby is growing up so fast before my eyes. Every day brings some new trick or discovery for him. While it's still a miracle and the most beautiful thing to watch his eyes light up as he figures out how to do things and make the world do as he wants, it's sad to see my once helpless little baby becoming so much more. I just want to be able to love on him and keep him small and sweet the way he is.These days, he's already full of mischeif. He has gone from being able to roll a little ways to rolling across rooms. He is now getting up on all fours and starting to throw himself forwards and backwards. Crawling can't be far off.
He's sitting like a pro now. Just 2wks ago, he could only manage a few minutes before he would topple. Now he can go an hour without using his hands on the floor for support. He is also practicing picking up one leg while sitting and balancing like that before righting himself. Unfortunately, I know that this is a very useful skill for those who wish to walk. I'm still hoping it won't be before he's 1. Not sure I can take him walking that much earlier than his big brothers.
His current favorite thing to do is get over to his toy bins and pull out all the toys. He plays with each one for a few minutes (if we're lucky) and then grab a new one. He, of course, finds this hilarious. My only saving grace is it gives me a few minutes to try and get something done while he's tearing it apart since he's totally refusing to nap these days and 30min through the whole day seems to be a miracle.
And he is no longer my sweet toothless one as the first tooth made it's official appearance earlier this week. *sigh* So far it's only one and is thankfully taking its time coming fully up but I can feel it's mate just under the surface so I know it will be joined soon. The top two are also very noticible underneath so I fear he will have several before too long. I'm just hoping he doesn't feel the need to top Jonathan who had 7 teeth by 7mos. I think I'm safe from that but I put nothing past any of my children.
Does anyone know how much it costs to put a child in stasis so you can preserve these sweet baby days as long as possible?
4 comments:
I completely know what you mean. Time, stand still! But the truth is, then you will miss how darling he will be as a toddler. It will all be good. I can't believe the Nico in Chicago is now that little rascal in the toys, ROFL.
He is so cute Jena! Why does this stage go so fast and the teen stage seem to go for sooo long? lol
he's so sweet! the time goes so quickly, from one stage to the next. enjoy it ALL!! :-)
You know, it really makes me feel old when My Baby complains about how fast Her Baby is growing up!
But as you know, enjoy each stage while you can. They always grow up way too fast.
Soon he'll be in his uncle's room tearing it apart. A process Moose doesn't look forward to. :)
Love
Mom
Post a Comment