Sunday, October 09, 2011

Recovery update

So I'm on day 4 without a gallbaldder. So far, it's not too bad. I don't feel icky and bleh every time I eat which is nice. I'm still eating super lowfat so not sure how things are going to be once I reintroduce higher fat foods but I'm going to take it easy getting those back in the diet. It's not like I need them anyway, just like being able to have them occasionally. 

I'm off the vidcodin now and just using ibuprofen to deal with the pain so I can get up and move around as much as possible. Hoping to be able to start doing little walks by the end of this week and just slowly build up from there. Just going to listen to my body which is currently saying that walking around the house and spending lots of time sitting completely upright is quite enough, thank you very much. 

I plan to start tracking my food again starting tomorrow. Not sure I'm going to try hard to stay in a certain calorie range as I need to make sure I'm getting enough nutrients to help my body heal but more that I want to just start back on the habit and making sure I'm not sure mindlessly noshing but rather keeping it to 5-6 small meals a day like they recommend, make sure I'm getting enough fiber, stuff like that. 

But in all, I'm glad I did this. I really do think I'll feel much better in the long run.



Tomorrow Mark heads back to work and I'll have to deal with things around the house by myself.  (yet another reason to get off the vicodin)  Between him, my MIL, and a couple of friends, I have rides lined up so the boys can get to all their activities.  So thankful for that extra help as otherwise we would have had to cancel everything for a week because I don't think I should be pushing to drive yet.  Still need to talk to Mark and figure out how we are going to handle meals.  I'm doing better but I'm not too keen on standing up for 30+ min to get dinner prepared.  I'm thinking our crockpot maybe getting a workout this week.  The big thing is to make sure it's either something lowfat so I can eat it or that I have an alternative.  I want to feel a little more healed before I start putting too much fat back into my diet.  Besides, just maybe this means my body will metabolize the fat I already have if I keep it on the super low side.  Hey, a girl can hope!

No comments: