The romance was definitely a major part of the story line but having the main characters being constantly besieged by zombies and the romance not being overly gushy I think made it good for him. Lots of the main characters dying probably helped a bit too. Personally, I felt the writing was good but the main character in particular really got on my nerves. Teenage angsty crap in the worst way. Yes, I remember being there and feeling some of the same things but you know, I lived through it once and am now dealing with it in regards to my own teenager and just don't feel the need to spend what little free time I have reading about it. That's not to say that my own adult versions of this don't go that way from time to time but at least it's usually not as in your face.
So I give this one an "ok but not great". There is a sequel which I will probably read because I am curious as to where the author is going to take things from here, especially since the choices that were getting the character angsty are now decided for her. Maybe it will be better now that things are more established? I can only hope so.
Page count: 310p/34,208p ytd
No comments:
Post a Comment