The 7th book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Ok, I'm admitting it. I'm glad I stuck with it. I really almost stopped reading because the cliche formula had just gotten to be too much for me and I was gagging it down. Not how I really want to spend my reading time. The last one was good so I was suspecting this one to be back to awful formula. I couldn't have been more wrong or more pleasantly surprised. In this one we get more in depth with Rehvenge. We already know about his deal with the princess of the sympaths and we know that he killed his step-father. We know he's a drug dealer and not a person (vampire/sympath) to piss off. In this one tho, we really get farther into his mind and see how deep his loyalties to those he loves do run.
Not only that tho but things with Lash and the lessers continue to play a fairly prominent role and there is some other drama going on with the vampire glymera. Top it all off but Wrath finally loses his sight completely and there is a lot for him to deal with.
Of course, it ends with a happy ending and Rehvenge gets his mate. And the next book is set-up to deal with the situation between John Matthew and Xhex (big surprise there, I know).
Page count: 647p/32,176p ytd
No comments:
Post a Comment