Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Officially the mother of a Teenager!

Well, in a few more hours. LOL It's so hard to think that just 13yrs ago I was in a hospital bed with the final hours of my first pregnancy ticking by quickly. I knew he was going to be delivered soon but I had no idea today was the day. I was really holding out hope for Oct 8 (my Grandma Kay's birthday and FIL's 40th birthday) but somewhere just after lunch, the dr made the call that things had now tilted and his odds (and mine) were better on the outside. I was terrified but there was that bit of excitement that I think all soon-to-be moms have of finally getting to see their baby. Once you know it's going to happen and there is nothing you can do, you start wondering what they'll look like and who they are. Well, I found out what he looked like that day:
chris94-01.jpg picture by 4boyz4me

And the day he came home:

chris94-02.jpg picture by 4boyz4me

and in the last 13 years I've gotten to see so many sides to who he is. I remember his baby smiles and his toddler tantrums. I remember watching him stuff graham crackers in his mouth so his uncle wouldn't steal them. I remember taking him places and his eyes lighting up with amazement and wonder. I remember his first time at Disneyland when he was 3½ and that special glow children get when going to the Magic Kingdom. His bravery when starting something new. His caring when someone smaller than him was upset. His giving nature when he had something and another child didn't. His love of animals that causes him to walk up to everyone with a dog and ask to pet it. His first days of school. My heart breaking when I dropped him off and how it would race when I picked him back up again as if it had been waiting to beat properly until he was home. As he's grown up I've seen his fascination with
dinos and cars, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, and now it's Manga and Music. He can be moody one minute and the next giving his brothers his only cookie. His helpfulness and consideration, kindness and generosity, bravery and compassion, loyalty and laughter are all just some of the many wonderful sides of him.

Happy Birthday Christopher!!! You've come such a long way
and I'm so grateful to G-d for letting me be part of your life, to guard you and to love you and to always be there for you. I love you!
IMG_5033.jpg picture by 4boyz4me

No comments: